The Leadership Team
We are a team of dynamic strategy, leadership, organisational culture and change management professionals from various disciplines each with extensive leadership experience in driving organisational effectiveness. Founded off the back of the solid leadership legacy of Nonkululeko Gobodo, a highly appraised trailblazer and a renowned leader of our generation, Nkululeko Leadership Consulting (NLC) is breaking new ground in the progressive leadership space as a boutique black owned and managed firm.
Our expertise and experience cut across various sectors and industries including financial services, ICT, FMCG, retail, petro-chemical, resources, aviation, public sector and professional services..
Meet the NLC team
Nonkululeko Gobodo CA (SA), Chief Executive Officer and Head of Leadership Consulting
Nonkululeko is a chartered accountant and pioneering entrepreneur who went on to establish an auditing and advisory practice during the height of apartheid. She led a successful merger of two medium sized black accounting firms, a move that effectively changed the landscape of the accounting profession in South Africa.
The business grew to be the fifth largest accounting firm in South Africa, expanding its footprint across the African continent. She brings with her a wealth of practical business and leadership experience. Nonkululeko has over 30 years of first-hand executive oversight in managing client relationships across diverse industries, including transport & logistics, aviation, energy, telecoms, Development Finance Institutions (DFI’s) and the public sector.
She is often invited to speak on the topic of leadership on various platforms. She serves on the board of Mercedes Benz SA, and has served on the boards of Imperial, South African Maritime Authority, Fintech, Insider Trading and the Banks Appeal Board.
• Exercised executive oversight over the firm’s corporate academy which was responsible
for leadership and talent development to operate at global accounting firm level.
• Championed the leadership development programmes for the directors of the firm.
• She ran EXCO interventions to align the top leadership to the new vision and strategy of the firm.
• Led the culture change programmes and implemented corporate governance structures,
new operating and business models that were critical in institutionalising the firm.
Alex Darko FCCA, MSc. (MIS), Head of Organisational Culture and Change Management Consulting
Alex is a seasoned management consultant, organisational culture and change management specialist and executive coach with over 30 years of global multi-industry experience in Europe, the USA and Africa. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants (FCCA) and holds a MSc. in Management Information Systems.
He held a number of senior management positions at Dun & Bradstreet including Director of UK Shared Services (a function he pioneered) Director of Finance, Dun & Bradstreet Europe Ltd and Head of European Accounting Re-engineering.
Alex held the position of CIO at AngloGold Ashanti after AngloGold merged with Ashanti Goldfields.
He serves on the Boards of Barclays Africa Group, Consolidated Infrastructure Group and Safintra (Pty) Ltd and previously served on the Boards of Business Connexion Group and the Mazor Group.
• Alex has assisted a number of organisations to successfully develop and implement strategies,
manage major change and transform their cultures, including integrating or developing new cultures to support merged entities.
• He pioneered the Shared Services function at Dun & Bradstreet in the UK where he established a
high performance team and culture which resulted in significant improvement in service levels and
• Alex mentors and coaches organisational leaders and teams in both the private and public sectors.
Linda Mvanana M.Ed., Head of Strategy and Operations Consulting
Linda has extensive consulting, leadership and corporate governance experience gained from the public sector, state owned enterprises and the private sector. Consulting clients include global organisations across the resources, petrochemical, information communications & telecommunications, aviation, professional services and finance industries. She has well developed consulting skills gained from her role as a consultant in Accenture and subsequent roles as an independent consultant over the past 13 years.
She has a proven track record of combining strategic and analytic abilities, understanding of business processes and systems, project management, stakeholder management and excellent communication skills to deliver large scale change programmes.
Linda has in-depth knowledge and experience from her leadership roles in the public sector which spans national, provincial and local government level.
She has served on the Export Credit Insurance Corporation Board and the Sedibeng District Municipality Audit Committee. Linda is a neuro linguistic programming (NLP) practitioner and coach. She holds a Masters degree in Education from the University of Illinois (USA).
• Leadership and oversight of large departments in the public sector as accounting officer and chief operations officer with a track record of improving their efficiency and effectiveness
• Developed and implemented strategies, operational plans, monitoring and reporting frameworks, and engagements with a wide range of stakeholders
• Contributed towards economic development and transformation through development and implementation of enabling legislation, policies and programmes including oversight of institutions providing financial and non-financial support to SMMEs
• Programme/project delivery and client facing engagements as a manager at Accenture and as an independent consultant
• Developed and successfully delivered organisational change management strategies and culture change programmes to support large scale system implementations, transition and transformation programmes in global organisations
• Implemented interventions to align leadership, engage stakeholders, assess change impact, promote change adoption and enable clients to pro-actively manage change
• Conducted Public Private Partnership (PPP) Feasibility Study as part of a Transaction Advisory (TA) team
• Developed management and leadership development programmes
• Established the SAP role based Academy to equip users in SAP enabled companies